Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Neurology Appt...

I saw a new neurologist today. Thanks Chelsea for carting me around since I am not allowed to drive...

She increased the seizure meds, said no driving, and said that I can go back to work as long as I don't do any heavy lifting, stay hydrated and eat so my blood sugar doesn't drop. She said she wished I could do shorter shifts, but alas, I am a nurse and shorter shifts don't exist if you want to work 3 days a week...

She has scheduled for me to have a 48 hour EEG on the 18th of this month. They had me down to start it tomorrow, but she wants to wait a couple of weeks to get the bigger doses of meds on board first.

She wouldn't address any of the other issues yet. Said we needed to get the seizures under control first. Ok. So that was that. What more can I say. We won't starve because I get to go back to work, but Eric will have to take me, which is ironic because he just went to NC to buy us a second car from a friend....

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get to feeling better...and your dr's can get the seizures under control. I often ponder how people get through this thing we call EDS without God..I would definetly be lossed. Anyways its always good to hear that I'm not alone in the battle of EDS. Your in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete