Friday, July 10, 2009

Orthopod vs. Neurocutter... Battle of the egos...

I don't know why I expected anything different about this appointment. Maybe because the doctors at work talked him up so much. And I am sure if I had a huge herniated disc or a broken vertebra he would be the one to see. If I needed injections for pain, he's the one, but he didn't have much to say about what I've been told is the problem. I asked him about the retroflexed odontoid, he acknowledged it, but said he didn't think that could cause all the neuro problems I am having. Did he have any ideas for what is? No. Told me I needed to find a new neurologist to help with migraines and a pain management doc... Come see me again if your face is numb... I said " my face gets numb and tingles and burns." But he just changed the subject.

It's like they refuse to consider anything unless they can see it on a supine MRI. What about on an upright MRI? Well, "we can't get good upright MRI's of the cervical spine, just the lumbar and I don't think it would be much good anyway..."

So God, obviously he is not my help, but WHAT NOW?????? I feel like the docs want to see drastic changes like the inability to walk before they will help me. Please God, I don't want to live like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment