Monday, May 24, 2010

Thanking God for a totaled car....

I never thought I would be thanking God for a totaled car. Really, most people think an accident is the worst of the worst. You lose your vehicle, insurance issues, injury, etc. But today I thanked God for that accident. Today the insurance adjuster came out and totaled our car. It can not be repaired and driven for our sake.

Bad? No!

That means the insurance companies will pay off the person we bought the vehicle from, take away the stress of owing him money when we have very little coming in... It will take the stress off of his family for us still owing him money for the car! He can not worry that we were supposed to have it paid off already before I couldn't work... (He's a family friend). And it will provide us with enough money to make sure they don't shut off our lights! For now it is a blessing in disguise. I hated that car. It was more than I wanted to pay for a car, and more than I wanted to deal with, and now it turned out to be better for us in the long run. Had my husband listened to me and gotten a cheap older car, it would have been totaled and we would have no money to live on right now and no car! Perfect. God's timing and ways are absolute and perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment