Monday, June 8, 2009

When the Going gets Tough, the Tough Find a New Way to get Going.

Not that I know what that new way is yet, but God is faithful through and through. Sometimes I forget that. It is so easy to be hopeful and faithful when God is laying the steps out in front of you.

But what about those times when the water is muddy?


God never promised it would be easy. But He does promise to always be there.

"Come to Me,
all who are weary and heavy-laden,
and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28


God has given me such rest before. In moments of desperation when I am crying out to Him. Not asking, not demanding, but crying out, the end of my rope, as much as I can handle...
I was 16. I was hurting, more than ever, the kind you can physically feel in your heart, the deep aching that only tears and God can pull you through. I cried out to God. I cried. He put His loving father arms around me and held me soft and close and gave me such a peace I had never felt before, and have only felt a few times since. It was amazing. No more pain, peace. Peace.

Today I felt like crying out in such a way, I wanted to get on my knees and just cry. What does it mean to "cry out to God"? It simply means to give it all to Him, to be so desperate for His love that you give Him every aspect of what is hurting you. Doesn't that sound ideal anyway? To give someone else what is breaking your heart and take form them perfect peace?

Then why is it so hard to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment