Friday, May 7, 2010

I picked this off of a friend!! I thought it was great. I hope you don't mind Kristen!! =)

Do's and Don'ts


1. Don't assume because I look well that I feel well. Looks can be very deceiving. Many days I look good but feel terrible

2. Don't tell me that you know how I feel. No one knows how anyone else feels. Two people with the same disease may feel totally different.

3. We all have various pain thresholds of pain and pain cannot be measured

4. Please please don't tell me: "it could be worse"...yes I know it could be, but I don't need to be reminded

5. Don't decide what I am capable of doing. Allow me decide what activites I can participate in. There maybe be times when I make the wrong decision and if I do I will know soon enough.

6. Don't be upset that you can't ease my problems. It won't do any good for both of us to be miserable

7. Don't ask me how I feel unless you REALLY want to know. You may hear a lot more than you are prepared to hear.

8. Don't assume that because I did a certain activity today that I can do it tomorrow.

9. Do learn everything you can about the disease because the more you know the better equipped you will be to know what to expect.

10. De realize that I am angry and frustrated at the disease...not with you.

11. Do let me know that you are available to help me when I ask. I'll be grateful. Remember I'm stubborn and may not ask....

12. Do offer me lots of hugs and encouragement

13. Do understand why I cancel plans at the last minute. I never know from one day to the next how I will feel.

14. Do continue to invite me to all activities. Just because I cannot bikeride with the gang doesn't mean I cannot meet you for the picnic at the end of the trip. Please let me decide.

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind! I found it on another site. I think it is floating around on every chiari related site! :D <3

    P.S. Thanks for the comment on my site! :)

    ReplyDelete