Friday, July 23, 2010

So Be It.

Earlier this week I had a scan of my parathyroid glands looking for a tumor... Like I thought, the scan didn't come out clear enough to make it definitive, but the CT done to aid in the scan did. It showed a small nodule on the backside of my thyroid gland (which is where the parathyroids sit).

The redraw of parathyroid hormone also came back high again, so I will be keeping the appointment with the surgeon on the 27th, in which my doc sent him a letter explaining why we needed to try and get it out before the 31st when my insurance is gone... That leaves surgery dates of Wednesday or Friday because he has clinic on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am praying that he will fit me in this week. It has been such a long road and I am getting weary. Friday is my birthday. That would be a Happy Birthday to me! God knows what is best. I have trusted Him all along, and I will continue to trust Him to do what is best for me and my family. =)

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I was searching the web for EDS and Mito and found your blog. Wow. I can so relate to your profile statement, esp. about finally realizing that everything you have experienced is not normal. I am years into trying to get a diagnosis and finally think I found the right doctor, an awesome neurologist. I will be having a muscle biopsy for mito and the genetic tests for EDS classical and vascular types as soon as it is all arranged (I hope that means soon!). I am a Christian, home schooling mom, which gets harder every day, since I end up spending so many days in bed with pain and no energy. Some of my children are starting to manifest symptoms also. I would like to email you direct, but couldn't find your email address on your blog. If you want you can email me at: jerri_d@comcast.net

    blessings,
    jerri

    ReplyDelete